Blueberry and Walnut Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups almond or oat milk (You could use cow’s milk as well.)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbls chia seed
- 3 Tbls flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts
- Blueberries (I use 6-8 per muffin cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- In a medium bowl stir together all ingredients except the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups to ½ – put in blueberries – then fill the rest of the way.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until completely set. Cool for a few minutes before removing the paper liners. (You can leave liners on when they are stored if you want.)
- Oatmeal Cups can be stored in a plastic carton in the refrigerator or frozen. To warm from the fridge, microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. To warm from the freezer, microwave for 2 minutes and then test to see if they are fully warmed.
- These are a bit of a cross between a muffin and a bowl of oatmeal.